Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nineteen Things

I am taking a bookmaking class this semester and today we were supposed to bring in 20 things. They had to be identical and they could not cost more than a dollar each-other than that, my teacher told us nothing. Today in class we passed them around until each person had one of each object and it turned out that each person got 19 things.

It was exciting in a childish way to get all these fun little treasures as they were passed around the table. We had no idea what they were for but it was funny to see who brought in what and to watch as people sorted and looked through their personal stash.


My nineteen things: a dixie cup, a plastic spoon, a yellow foam guitar sticker, a pink round push pin, a strange brown seed/bean, a clear push pin, a plastic googly eye, a wooden star, a ladybug button, a purple golf tee, a stick of gum in a blue wapper, a life savers mint, a Q-tip, two pennies, a nail, a silver paper clamp, a bobby pin, and a guitar pick. So random!

Our assignment is to make a book using all of these objects.

I have no idea what direction I am going to go in, but I'm excited! I'll post my progress =)


No comments: